Wednesday 20 April 2016

Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

After testing and experimenting with many vegan cookie recipes I think I have finally found the perfect one. These cookies are crunchy on the outside, chewy in the middle and I promise that you won't even notice that their vegan. I also made this recipe into a youtube video so if you prefer to watch it in video form you can do so here.


You will need...

1/2 cup of vegan butter (I used Nuttelex)
1 cup of self raising flour
1/2 cup of caster sugar
1/2 cup of brown sugar 
1 tsp of vanilla essence
3/4 cup of vegan chocolate chips (I used the nestle dark melts because I had no nestle dark chocolate chips at the time)

Method

1. In an electric mixer you want to mix the room tempreture butter on a low setting.
2. Next you can add in your caster sugar, brown sugar and vanilla essence and until well combined.
3. After that you can sift in your flour gradually, stirring in between with a spatula.
4. Next you can pour in the chocolate chips and stir them in.
5. Use your fingers to mould the dough into balls and place them onto baking trays with 6 baking paper. (Remember that they will expand and spread out in the oven so be sure to leave generous gaps between each cookie ball.)
6. Next I use the palm of my hand to flatten out the cookies slightly, this is optional but it makes them look flatter in the end result.
7. You want to cook them in the oven at 180 degrees celsius for 10-15 minutes. I cooked mine for 12 minutes and that worked perfectly for me and made them crunchy on the outside and chewy in the middle. 
8. Once there done cooking you can remove them from the oven and onto a cooling rack to cool and thats it. So easy and delicious!!

If you do end up trying this recipe, let me know what you think of them.





Share:

4 comments

  1. Well this is awesome!
    Isabelle
    http://isabelleelli.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that looks delicious,literally mouth watering

    lifestyleandso.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, they definitely are mouth watering x

      Delete

© KATRINA WHITE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig