Wednesday 11 May 2016

Dark Chocolate & Almond Popcorn

Winter is rolling around so quickly here in Australia and I can feel the temperature dropping everyday. This means that sunny days outside are slowly fading and snuggled up in bed movie days are becoming more and more frequent which I am by no means complaining about because I love the cold. Popcorn has always been a go to movie snack but sometimes just plain classic popcorn can get a little boring and repetitive so why not throw in some melted chocolate and almonds too create this delicious bowl of goodness. Its super simple too make and doesn't take much time at all which I love. Its safe to say that its slowly becoming my go to movie snack and it might just become yours too.


You will need...

- Popcorn
- Chocolate of your choice (I used the Nestle Dark Chocolate bits as they are vegan)
- Almonds
- Salt (I used Pink Himalayan rock salt as it is more natural than regular salt)


Lets Begin...

1. The first thing you need to do is pop your popcorn. I just use the raw packeted popcorn (which has no salt or butter added) from the supermarket that I just pop in the microwave for 2 minutes. Although you could buy popcorn kernels and cook them in a saucepan or even one of those cheap popcorn makers which is what I do sometimes if I feel like putting in the extra effort.

2. Next I crushed up my almonds. I started by blending them in the Nutri bullet which I wouldn't recommend as is kind of crushes them too finely. So instead I popped them into a zip lock baggy and smashed them using some weird utensil that I found in the kitchen.

3. Once your popcorn is popped and your almonds are crushed, you can then go ahead and melt your chocolate, again I just melt mine in the microwave because I'm lazy but you can always melt it in a saucepan if you prefer that.

4. Lastly, drizzle the melted chocolate onto the popcorn, sprinkle your crushed almonds on top and add a little bit of salt. You can leave it like that if you prefer a more gooey, wet texture but I like to put mine in the fridge for a bit to let the chocolate harden.

5. Snuggle up with your movie and your delicious popcorn which I promise you will become addicted to and enjoy.


Whats your go to movie snack?

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© KATRINA WHITE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig